Timeout
Lukasz Lenart
2014-09-22 09:42:46 UTC

I'm performing 'mvn release:perform' but getting timeouts - yesterday
everything was ok and I was able upload all the artefacts at once. Is
it possible to increase timeout? I already added <timeout> option but
it didn't help :(

<server>
<id>apache.snapshots.https</id>
<username>lukaszlenart</username>
<password>mySecretPassword</password>
<privateKey>.ssh/lukaszlenart</privateKey>
<passphrase>passpass</passphrase>
<configuration>
<timeout>12000</timeout> <!-- milliseconds -->
</configuration>
</server>

Error message:
[INFO] [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.6:deploy
(default-deploy) on project struts2-javatemplates-plugin: Failed to
deploy artifacts: Could not transfer artifact
org.apache.struts:struts2-javatemplates-plugin:jar:2.3.18 from/to
apache.releases.https
(https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2):
The target server failed to respond -> [Help 1]

Thanks in advance
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/
Robert Metzger
2014-09-22 11:34:32 UTC

the maven deploy plugin allows to set the "retryFailedDeploymentCount"
property (see:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/deploy-mojo.html ). By
default it is set to one, so the deployment is failing very fast.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Robert
Hi,
Lukasz Lenart
2014-09-22 11:39:56 UTC
Post by Robert Metzger
Hi,
the maven deploy plugin allows to set the "retryFailedDeploymentCount"
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/deploy-mojo.html ). By
default it is set to one, so the deployment is failing very fast.
Thanks! Can I use it like this: mvn release:perform
-DretryFailedDeploymentCount=3 ?

Thanks in advance
Robert Metzger
2014-09-22 11:41:43 UTC
Yes
(I would set it to 5 or 10 .. it does not hurt to retry a few times, and
the repository.apache.org server is really unreliable)
Post by Lukasz Lenart
Hi,
Lukasz Lenart
2014-09-22 11:49:07 UTC
Yes
(I would set it to 5 or 10 .. it does not hurt to retry a few times, and the
repository.apache.org server is really unreliable)
Ok,... let's rock baby :-) Thanks!

Regards
Lukasz Lenart
2014-09-22 12:13:30 UTC
Post by Lukasz Lenart
Yes
(I would set it to 5 or 10 .. it does not hurt to retry a few times, and the
repository.apache.org server is really unreliable)
Ok,... let's rock baby :-) Thanks!
"mvn release:perform -DretryFailedDeploymentCount=10" didn't help :(

[INFO] [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.6:deploy
(default-deploy) on project struts2-rest-plugin: Failed to deploy
artifacts: Could not transfer artifact
org.apache.struts:struts2-rest-plugin:jar:2.3.18 from/to

Robert Metzger

Brian Fox

Lukasz Lenart
2014-09-22 18:49:45 UTC
Post by Brian Fox
We need to get the proxy timeout increased
How can it be achieved? Should I register a ticket in JIRA?

Regards
Lukasz Lenart
2014-09-22 20:25:16 UTC
Maybe that will tell you more - it happened during uploading one of artefacts:

[INFO] Sep 22, 2014 10:22:18 PM
org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.http.httpclient.impl.execchain.RetryExec
execute
[INFO] INFO: I/O exception (java.net.SocketException) caught when
processing request: Broken pipe
[INFO] Sep 22, 2014 10:22:18 PM
org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.http.httpclient.impl.execchain.RetryExec
execute
[INFO] INFO: Retrying request